Welcome back to my blog 🙂 I absolutely love baking, and I am always trying to find substitutes to make my recipes healthier and cheaper! So today I am sharing with you guys how to make your own almond flour in less than 5 minutes! You will only need a blender 🙂
What you will need:
- Food processor, coffee bean grinder or blender
- Measuring cup
- Blanched almonds
How to make your almond flour:
Note: 1 cup of blanched almonds = about 1 cup of almond flour
Using your food processor blend the almonds for about 1-2 minutes until it is fine and powdery. Make sure not to blend them too much otherwise you will end up with almond butter 🙂
I use a sieve to make sure that no big pieces end up in the flour!
And voila! You just made your own almond flour in less than 5 minutes!
Benefits of almond flour:
- You can use almond flour instead of wheat flour in all your baked goods! It is a good substitute if you are on a low carb diet too 🙂
- Full of vitamins and minerals like magnesium, calcium and iron. These are very helpful for your body they can lower heart disease, strengthen your bones and teeth or regulate your blood pressure.
- It is one of the only flour that you can use if you are gluten free!!
Nutritional information (For 1/4 cup):
- Fats: 14.2 g
- Carbs: 4.6g
- Proteins: 5.2g
See you soon <3
My name is Ellie, I am on a journey to a healthier life and newbie blogger! I am a recent grad school graduate in marketing and communication, and will be starting my new job at an airline company in New York soon! I will be sharing with you my workouts, meals and everything in between!
I can't wait to start this adventure with you guys!
Latest posts by Fit By Ellie (see all)
- Healthier Christmas sugar cookies - December 3, 2017
- Ultimate Christmas gift guide for your fit friend! - December 1, 2017
- Homemade Acaï bowl recipe - November 17, 2017