Since I started being more aware of what I feed my body with, I was eating way less sweets. If you know me, you know that I have the biggest sweet tooth ever 🙂 So, I started to experience a little more with sweet things and I have been doing pretty good so far!
Lemon muffins are my favourite, actually I love everything with lemon! And a lot of people close to me like my boyfriend or my mom love blueberries! Mixing both is definitely a win for everyone!
I made these muffins when we had a soccer viewing party for my family and some friends. I am pretty sure everyone loved them because they were all gone before half time haha 🙂 You can find the recipe below and share your comments with me down below! Hope you enjoy this lemon blueberry muffin recipe!!
Ingredients: (For 12 regular muffins)
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- In a bowl, mix together (with a hand mixer) the greek yogurt, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add the almond flour, (I make my own almond flour, you can find the recipe here!), baking powder, soda and salt. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated!
- Add your blueberries and divide the batter into your muffin cups. Bake for around 25 minutes.
- Let your muffins cool down and enjoy them 🙂
- Nutritional information per serving:
- Fat: 15.8g
- Carbohydrate: 13.3g
- Protein: 6.8g
- Calories: 220
- I only had tiny muffin cups so that is why they are smaller! I made around 24 of them 🙂
See you soon ❤️
My name is Ellie, I am on a journey to a healthier life and newbie blogger! I am a recent grad school graduate in marketing and communication, and will be starting my new job at an airline company in New York soon! I will be sharing with you my workouts, meals and everything in between!
I can't wait to start this adventure with you guys!
Latest posts by Fit By Ellie (see all)
- Healthier Christmas sugar cookies - December 3, 2017
- Ultimate Christmas gift guide for your fit friend! - December 1, 2017
- Homemade Acaï bowl recipe - November 17, 2017