I absolutely love pasta and honestly during my 6 years in college it was pretty much all I would eat! So when I was trying to lose weight I had to cut some of my daily pasta haha 🙂
With colder days already being here… It was literally freezing this morning ❄️, the whole family was in need of some delicious comfort food! And for the last few months, I have been craving a delicious meal with pasta! So it was a good excuse to try something new!
Chicken parmesan is one of my favourite recipe (I actually wrote a blog post about it, click here!). I thought this chicken pasta casserole was a fun way to revisit it but still taste amazing, and pretty healthy!
Ingredients: (For 4 servings)
- 1/2 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 1/4 cups of uncooked whole wheat penne
- 1 1/2 cup of low-fat chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/3 cup of low fat shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Cut your chicken breast into cubes. Spread it at the bottom of your dish, season it to taste with salt and some lemon pepper seasoning.
Spread the uncooked pasta over the chicken.
Pour the crushed tomatoes and chicken broth over the pasta. Sprinkle the rest of your lemon pepper seasoning.
Cover with foil and cook for about 45 minutes.
Uncover and top with cheeses and the bread crumbs. Bake for another 10 minutes – Until the cheese is melted!
Enjoy your healthy and tasty dinner 🙂
- Nutritional information per serving:
- Fat: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 41.2g
- Protein: 20g
- Calories: 281
- To make it a full meal add some of your favourite veggies (and maybe some garlic bread 😉)
See you soon ❤️
My name is Ellie, I am on a journey to a healthier life and newbie blogger! I am a recent grad school graduate in marketing and communication, and will be starting my new job at an airline company in New York soon! I will be sharing with you my workouts, meals and everything in between!
I can't wait to start this adventure with you guys!
Latest posts by Fit By Ellie (see all)
- Healthier Christmas sugar cookies - December 3, 2017
- Ultimate Christmas gift guide for your fit friend! - December 1, 2017
- Homemade Acaï bowl recipe - November 17, 2017