A couple of weeks ago when I started looking at the Bikini Body Guide, I read reviews of people saying that it was hard to do it at home. The reasons were that it required a lot of equipment and space and that it was getting pricey. After doing it for almost a month, and not having a gym membership I can give you my honest review of doing the BBG at home 🙂
I would say that the only things you are going to need if you plan to do the BBG at home are:
- Pair of 10 lbs dumbbells – You can find some on amazon for around 25$ here.
- A medicine ball – I didn’t want to invest a lot of money for now, because like everyone I tend to choose to do something then give up after a couple weeks. But when the exercise requires a medicine ball I usually transform the exercise to use my pair of dumbbells instead.
- Bench – I looked online for alternatives of a bench because I live in a small apartment and I really didn’t want to buy one to be honest! So instead I use my coffee table, you can also use stairs, a stable chair, … No need to buy a bench trust me!
- Skipping rope are pretty cheap you can find some online for like 10$ (this one is from amazon). In the BBG workouts you will need it and you can also use it for the cardio part (if you don’t want to run on the treadmill or walk outside!) Another option would be to air skip, if you don’t have room that is also an amazing option!
- Foam roller – This one is not necessary for the workouts but as you can read here, it is so important for your muscle recovery.
So technically, to do the workouts at home you only need a pair of dumbbell and that is it!
I personally use the IOS application that I absolutely love! I wrote an article about my fitness journey while using the BBG app. So I have to admit that it is a little expensive, I think it is around $20 per month. But when I thought about it, it is way less expensive than a gym membership and you have access to the workouts and also the meal plan. This is so convenient for me because I love working out at home!
Since I graduated back in December, I don’t have access to my college’s gym 🙁 And I don’t want to pay for an expensive gym membership so I workout at home! I do it in my room and that is plenty of space. It is true that when you have to use the skipping rope it might be a little small… But most exercises are doable in a bedroom! And that is what I love about the BBG because I really don’t like going to the gym!
I hope this article will help you in your decision of the best workout plan to use for the future! Let me know in the comments where is your favourite place to workout!!
See you soon <3
My name is Ellie, I am on a journey to a healthier life and newbie blogger! I am a recent grad school graduate in marketing and communication, and will be starting my new job at an airline company in New York soon! I will be sharing with you my workouts, meals and everything in between!
I can't wait to start this adventure with you guys!